Monday, November 17, 2008

It's Finally Launched.

I was approached early last summer about partnering in a political consulting firm.

It made sense - my potential partner was completely into strategy, grass-roots organizing and research - not to mention that he was very well connected in the local political world.

My strengths - marketing and public relations - provided a good fit to balance the dynamics of the team.

We thought it would be easy to get started - just mention our partnership to a couple of insiders and we'd be putting together campaigns just in time for the November 4th elections.

Wrong! What we failed to anticipate is the local culture of "you rub my back", "I owe him this job", and the ever so Youngstownish "but he'll do it for free"!

Needless to say, nothing materialized for November 4th.

So we re-strategized and determined to launch two weeks after the election, well in advance of the spring primaries. I like this approach much better - find some new candidates and/or issues and have several months to plan and organize some great campaigns.

I sent the press release this morning and I'm waiting for the phone to ring.

May I present Accelerate Strategies Group.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So is the phone ringing? You haven't posted in such a long time.
How do you feel that the President is doing in his first 100 days?
How is the economy affecting your new venture? Is your area suffering like the rest of the country? How do you feel about the stimulus plan?